Non-refillable and refillable cylinders supplied with any type of pressurized gas. Seamless cylinders and tubes, welded cylinders and insulated cylinders previously containing materials such as:
- Isocyanate resins
- All other compressed gases
Why are Pressurized Cylinders that held Propane, Oxygen, Helium or Other Gasses in the Orange Drop Program?
These cylinders can combust, explode or leak when they are exposed to varying temperature, humidity, pressure, etc. or if a chemical reaction occurs due to mixing of contents. The Orange Drop Program ensures that these cylinders are safely dismantled and that any remaining contents are managed safely.
- Most municipal transfer stations and depots
- For refillable containers, many retailers accept your empty pressurized gas cylinder when you purchase a full cylinder
- 85 Ontario Parks accept non-refillable propane cylinders in Orange Drop cages
- Use our search tool or check with your municipality for other drop-off locations and events such as Community Environment Days
Do I Need to Take Storage or Transport Precautions?
- Store outside in an area where cylinders are least likely to suffer from physical damage or tampering
- When transporting pressurized containers, secure them in an upright position on a flat surface
What Happens to my Waste?
The contents are carefully removed and repackaged for sale, where possible. Non-refillable metal cylinders and valves are recycled. Refillable propane cylinders are either reused or recycled after an initial inspection by authorized processors. Learn More