Containers that contained petroleum-derived or synthetic oils such as:
- Crankcase or engine oil
- Hydraulic fluid
- Transmission fluids etc.
Why are Empty Lubricating Oil Containers in the Orange Drop Program?
Oil containers still contain oil residue which can contaminate our waterways and soil if disposed of improperly.
- Most municipal transfer stations and depots
- Automotive collection sites, such as service centres and garages in your community
- Use our search tool or check with your municipality for other drop-off locations and events such as Community Environment Days
Do I Need to Take Storage or Transport Precautions?
- Containers should be empty when returned
- Place cap on empty containers to prevent any oil residue from leaking out prior to drop-off
What Happens to my Waste?
The containers are shredded, cleaned and recycled. Residual oil is recovered and recycled.