Including but not limited to the following types and chemistries:
- AA, AAA, C, D, 9V, button cell, etc. made of the following chemistries….
- Silver oxide
- Zinc air
- Zinc carbon
Rechargeable batteries are not part of the Orange Drop Program
Why are Single-Use Batteries in the Orange Drop Program?
Batteries contain valuable commodities that can be effectively recycled, reducing demand for virgin metals. Despite changes to manufacturing processes and product design, some batteries may contain heavy metals and other toxic chemicals that could cause soil contamination and water pollution if the batteries are not disposed of properly.
- Most municipal transfer stations and depots
- Thousands of retailers and other businesses and institutions also act as collection sites
- Use our search tool or check with your municipality for other drop-off locations and events such as Community Environment Days
Do I Need to Take Storage or Transport Precautions?
- Store in a secure, dry place out of the reach of children and pets
- Apply tape to the terminals of all lithium batteries