- Spin-on or element style oil filters used in hydraulic transmission or internal combustion engine applications
- Diesel fuel filters
- Household furnace fuel filters
- Coolant filters
- Storage tank diesel fuel filters
- Sump-type automatic transmission filters
- Plastic and paper element style filters
- Diesel fuel filters used at retail and commercial pump islands
Why are Oil Filters in Orange Drop Program?
They contain amounts of used oil and must be properly handled to avoid leaching of used oil into the groundwater.
- Most municipal transfer stations and depots
- Automotive collection sites at service centres and garages in your community
- Use our search tool or check with your municipality for other drop-off locations and events such as Community Environment Days
Do I Need to Take Storage or Transport Precautions?
- Place used oil filters in a sealed bag and take to a recycling facility or automotive collection site
What Happens to my Waste?
Residual oil is extracted and refined for re-use or recovered as a fuel source. The metal is crushed and recycled.